Intro to Membership
The Friends of Gujarat’ Classes of Members and Registration Regulation (by-law) was filed on March 30, 2018, under the Corporations non-for-profit Act, 2009. This regulation is important for the College because it outlines what the membership structure will be and how individuals can register to become members. The regulation came into effect on April 1, 2018.
The process for developing the regulation included a thirty day Directors consultation period that ended on February 28, 2018.
What are the benefits of membership?
Friends of Gujarat was created to be membership and grants driven organization that promotes the Gujarati Arts and culture, Youth Leadership and protect the Gujarati interest through advocacy group. As the first of its kind in North America, the Friends of Gujarat puts decision-making power in the hands of Directors and members. An important part of this is the membership of people currently in across the provinces of Canada
There are many benefits to becoming a member of Friends of Gujarat:
- Voice – Membership allows you to be represented and heard at decision-making tables.
- Ownership – Being a member means you are part of this non-for-profit.
- Status – Once you are a member, you will be recognized to be a proud Gujarati.
- Receive Two FoG resource publications per year free of charge (value of up to $350)
- Receive quarterly FoG News
- Receive weekly, bi-weekly and monthly email alerts (opt-in required)
- Access to members-only resources on FoG Canada’s website such as the Nonprofit Legal Handbook.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY
- Access to FoG Canada’s established partnerships with services that your personal needs
- Post free on FoG Canada’s Job Board ($159 per posting for nonmembers)
- Rental access to MCN’s train
NETWORK WITH PEERS
- Attend FoG Signature events and speaker series at a discount (including members-only events)
- Attend activities in GTA